38 mm Gold Metal Lug Caps w/ Safety Button (Plastisol Liner) - X38-SBL
- 38 mm Gold Metal Lug Caps w/ Safety Button
- With Plastisol Liner
- Center button is released once the jar is opened
Item # X38-SBL
38 mm Gold Metal Lug Caps with Safety Button & Plastisol Liner
These caps have an acid-resistant liner that is ideal for tomato-based recipes and other acidic foods. When used with hot-fill products, the liner in safety button caps draws a vacuum on any lug-finish jar. The center button is released once the jar is opened and the vacuum is released, offering tamper-evidence to increase customer confidence in your product. Safety button lug caps are NOT intended to be used with a water bath (home canning). Caps are designed for hot fill/steam application.
Generating the Vacuum:
- Automated steam capper – hot steam injected into the headspace of a cold fill package.
- Hot Fill – product fill temperature > 185F. The product would need to be at least 185F to generate sufficient vacuum.
NOTE: Re-heat of the cold filled package does not always generate sufficient vacuum.
- Container withstands autoclaving - sterilizing by achieved through high-pressure saturated steam and heat.
- BPA Non-Intent means BPA was not an intentionally added substance to the manufacturing process.
- Case Packed in a convenient re-shipper carton with carboard dividers, reducing damage and ideal for reuse.
- Child-resistant items are engineered & tested to reduce risks of children under 5 accessing harmful amount of contents, while being user-friendly for seniors.
- Dishwasher safe containers withstand high temperatures, water pressure, and detergents present in dishwashers.
- Products engineered to reduce negative environmental & economic impacts over their life cycle, from the raw materials to the final disposal.
- Constructed of FDA-compliant materials suitable for contact with food.
- Factory Mutual has tested & certified this product to ensure it meets rigorous loss prevention standards.
- Product is suitable for storing in freezer.
- Product has the ability to resist degradation under extreme heat.
- Container is suitable for high pressure processing.
- Containers engineered to prevent leaks and unplanned evacuation of contents. Must be used with cap provided to ensure leakproof performance.
- Product is suitable for microwave use.
- National Sanitation Foundation certifies this product & its manufacturing process comply with standards for safety, quality, sustainability or performance.
- Product is 100% recyclable.
- A tamper-evident container has one or more barriers to entry which if missing shows visual evidence the container was tampered with.
- Packaging engineered & rigorously tested to meet government standards for the shipment of regulated substances. Consult 49 CFR for proper use & labelling.
- US Dept. of Agriculture Approved. Visit www.usda.gov for more information.
- Provides varying degrees of protection from UV light. Test to ensure packaging meets product protection requirements.
- Learn about the Benefits of E-Commerce Ready Packaging