Posted by email@example.com BigCommerce on Oct 5th 2018
June 11, 2014
CHICAGO (June 2014) – Berlin Packaging, a leading full-service supplier of plastic, glass, and metal containers and closures, today announced that it has achieved a remarkable 120 unbroken months of 99% on-time shipping from its warehouses to customers. The record, unmatched by any other packaging company in the nation, is a standard of performance that others can strive to emulate—but that Berlin Packaging customers have already benefitted from since 2004.
“No other packaging company has ever accomplished what Berlin Packaging achieved last month,” said Andrew Berlin, Chairman and CEO. “When suppliers reach this level of dependability and efficiency, it becomes an asset that customers can plan on in their own operations. The ten-year milestone is a testament to the professionalism of our employees as well as to the long-term investments we have made in equipment and systems. I’m extremely proud of what we’ve achieved and will continue to achieve in the years ahead.”
In June 2004, Berlin Packaging became the first rigid packaging supplier to measure and publicly report its on-time shipping performance—and remains the only such company to do so. The record has been made possible, in part, by Berlin’s multi-million-dollar investments in enterprise business software, its strong processes and ISO 9001:2008 certification, and its culture devoted to customer thrill.
Numerous Benefits to Customers
Berlin Packaging’s inventory stocking programs elevate thousands of companies across all markets. The impact is widespread:
- Berlin now averages over 17,500 shipments per month to customers of all types located across North America.
- More than 5 million square feet of warehouse space is owned and controlled by Berlin Packaging from coast to coast, with over 65 company warehouses and third-party locations in use.
- In 2013, almost 90% of active Berlin customers utilized the company’s stocking programs. More than 7,500 customers conducted activities through Berlin warehouses—a reflection of the confidence customers have in Berlin to ensure supply of critical packaging items.
Reliable delivery offers numerous benefits to Berlin Packaging’s customers. It helps improve their income statements in many ways, including:
- enabling companies to realize revenue by filling purchase orders and shipping products on their own schedules;
- boosting revenue by avoiding stockouts;
- reducing operating expenses by wiping out carrying costs, facility costs and shrinkage; and
- improving productivity by eliminating machine downtime, thereby refocusing employees on more value-added activities.
Customers’ balance sheets also benefit by reducing the amount of inventory sitting on their floor and releasing that cash to more productive uses.
Berlin Customers Speak
Berlin customers consistently cite on-time delivery as one of their most important service considerations. Many have spoken specifically about this critical requirement:
“Berlin Packaging is one of my most treasured suppliers of all time. The customer service is second to none. They are always concerned about getting our products to us on time. Our Berlin team always keeps us informed, in stock, and on time!”
– Miranda Pulliam, Chief Supply Chain Officer, My Fit Foods
“Prior to Berlin, the lead time for my packaging was a minimum of two weeks. Now I’m able to consolidate my ordering and receive products the next day. My inventory turns are remarkable due to Berlin.”
– Tina Neish, Plant Manager, Root Candles
“Jost Chemical manufactures high-purity specialty chemicals. It is our mission to deliver on time. Thanks to our long and close relationship with Berlin Packaging, we are able to accomplish our mission consistently with our customers. Berlin knows if we don’t have our containers on site and on time, we will be at a standstill. Berlin provides us with what we need when we need it, even sometimes same-day delivery. It doesn’t surprise us that Berlin is able to celebrate ten years of 99% on-time delivery.”
– Guy Brantley, Packaging Manager, Jost Chemical Co.
“I have been buying from Berlin Packaging for 18 years. Their Dangerous Goods division has been excellent at meeting our delivery dates consistently. In the event we need to expedite an order, they typically can turn that around in 24 hours or less.”
– Guy Cloonan, Senior Buyer, Waters Corporation
“I recommend Berlin Packaging to others because of their reliability and outstanding customer service. Berlin’s inventory management is a key to our company’s success. Due to this, our operations run at a high level. Overall, working with Berlin is a great partnership.”
– Eddie Ochoa, Purchasing and Planning Manager, Jardine Foods
Berlin Packaging began analyzing its delivery performance in mid-2003 as a means of evaluating its customer service. The company discovered a strong 95% on-time shipping record and then implemented new procedures to improve performance even further, first breaking the 99% barrier in June 2004 and holding at that level or higher since then. More than 1.1 million shipments have been made with 99% on-time reliability.
More information about the company’s on-time record is at 99percentontime.com.