Shipping & Handling
Shipping & Handling Terms and Conditions
Parcel orders submitted prior to 3:00 pm CT on normal business days (with the exception of Berlin holidays, annual physical inventory, inclement weather or extreme volume) will ship same day. Orders placed on weekends or holidays will ship the next business day. LTL orders will ship within 24-48 hours.
- Freight Prepaid: Unless requested otherwise, most orders ship via FedEx Ground “freight prepaid” with shipping & handling added to the invoice or order total.
- LTL Shipments: Rates for LTL shipments may not include additional fees such as residential delivery, lift gate, or delivery appointment notification. These fees will be added to your invoice and are your responsibility. If any of these special services are required, please note this in the Special Instructions & Notes field during checkout. Delivery requiring a signature is furnished upon request only.
- Collect Shipments: For collect shipments, please provide the appropriate carrier information & shipping instructions during your phone order. For online orders, please include the carrier information and shipping instructions in the Special Instructions & Notes field at checkout. If at any point we receive a chargeback from a shipping carrier resulting from an invalid collect account, incomplete freight instructions, or an undeliverable shipment due to an invalid address, you are responsible for all shipping charges associated with that order along with an additional $25 fee.
- International Shipments: International orders are subject to minimum merchandise purchase of $200. International orders will be shipped from our distribution center in Streator, Illinois and all shipping costs, taxes, duties, tariffs and customs in the destination country are your responsibility. These charges can be expensive, so please visit our international article for sample freight charges. If you are interested in placing an international order, please email us at CustomerCare@BerlinPackaging.com for more details.
- Expedited Shipping: At checkout or upon request during a phone order, shipments for in-stock items may be expedited via a parcel carrier. The cutoff time for same day expedited shipping is 2:00 pm CT. Expedited orders placed after 2:00 pm, or on weekends or holidays, will ship the next business day. If the expedited shipping charge is not available for your online order, we will make every effort to notify you of the expedited charges prior to shipping. If you are not available for response, we will still honor your request for expedited delivery and you will be responsible for the appropriate expedited charges.
In some instances, a shipping rate cannot be calculated at checkout. You can still complete your online order and a Customer Care Advocate will contact you with a shipping rate for your approval. Unless expedited delivery is selected, your order will not ship until we receive your approval.
Missing or Damaged Merchandise Claims
- Freight Prepaid: Claims for merchandise missing or damaged in transit should be made immediately upon receipt, and no later than 30 days after delivery, by calling Customer Care at 1-800-363-9822.
- LTL Shipments: For LTL Pallet deliveries, please inspect the pallet before signing. Signing the delivery receipt confirms that you are accepting the shipment in good condition and with no missing items. If any of the merchandise is missing or damaged, you must notate this on the delivery receipt. Without those notations we are not able to file a claim with the trucking company, and therefore cannot reship at no cost.
- Freight collect: Claims for Freight Collect shipments are to be made with the customer’s chosen carrier for that shipment. Notification delays may result in longer resolution time.